Friday, August 13, 2004

‘The Yellow Wallpaper’

by Charlotte Perkins Gilman



JAMES says:

Fantastic 19th century short story about yellow wallpaper. I think this is going to have to be one of those times where I’m not going to tell you anything more about it so as not to spoil things. Instead I’m just going to say it’s great, go and read it. Look, there’s a link right there. You can read it right now, this minute. For free. Yeah, I thought that’d get you attention. Go on, then.

8.2/10

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/YelWal.shtml

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:24 pm

    Presumably the 1.8 was witheld for remarkable coherency of writing during the wretched woman's breakdown. Good short, though. Couldn't get 1963 flick 'The Haunting' out of my head.
    John Robbins

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.