Monday, February 09, 2004

Trying to ignore the presence of Unified Review Theory Website whilst at work

(Displacement activity)



Guest Reviewer DEBBIE says:

Have you any idea how difficult this is? Once again, I have a stack of work to do, a stack of reports that I unforgivably demanded someone gave me so I could process them as a matter of urgency and almost immediately after I had taken those reports with that efficient smile that only a really responsible Office Manager can muster, I could feel your website beckoning.

"Come to me...you know you want to...you know you haven't visited me for a while...you know that this precise moment in time is more appropriate than tomorrow's lunch break or a period when you aren't so busy..come on, they might have had time to review that superb Murder Mystery party you threw
last weekend.."

"So what if people need these reports" thought I, "James and Neill's website it much more important. One little peek would be alright, wouldn't it?"

To be honest I was only there for 10 minutes but that was enough. It is now twenty to five and the chances of me doing any more work have now been ruined. I used to be such a disciplined young lady - a thoroughly reliable worker. Now your evil, seductive website has turned me into a URT-junkie.
What are you going to do about this, James and Neill?

Well, I'll tell you what I am going to do; there are only 50 minutes left of my working day, no point in starting anything new, I'm going to write another review.

Bad, bad all bad.

3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.